Team Sports, grades 3-8
Athletic participation is an educational
activity that contributes to the physical, personal, social, and
spiritual growth of the student-athlete. Athletics are an integral part
of our school supporting its philosophy and participating in achieving
its goals. Holy Trinity School features over 20 team sports starting in
- Here at Holy Trinity we have an excellent swim program, we practice at Peck Park pool. The coach is Mrs. Frazier; the team consists of over thirty swimmers. The meets are in San Fernando Valley, where other Catholic schools compete. Most of our swimmers come in first to fourth place.
- Holy Trinity has a powerhouse football program. We have three coaches who are Vince DiLeva, Victor Wagner, and Coach Ray. Almost every year we go to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, which is for the top four teams in the FIYA league. We always come back with a trophy or plaque.
- We also have a loud cheer team who pumps up the crowd during football, volleyball, and basketball season. We show our school spirit by putting up fundraisers such as the talent show. We have two coaches, Mrs. DiLeva and Coach Dolly. There is also a volunteer, Alyssia Strasser. Go Chargers!!
- We have two amazing soccer teams. There are two coaches, the girl’s soccer coach is named Mrs. DiBernardo who is also a teacher. The boy’s soccer coach name is Mr. Romero. We are proud of our coaches because they put in hard work and dedication. They also teach us lots of techniques and skills.
- The baseball team’s coach is Coach Robert he is a really good coach. He has played baseball all of his life and continues to coach for Holy Trinity. From my experience of having him as a coach last year he is really nice and expects a lot from each and every kid on the baseball team. The whole team had loads of fun and learned a lot throughout the season. Last year we played at many different schools and fields, such as Chadwick and Lomita Little League.
These are just some of the sports that Holy Trinity has to offer. Go Chargers!!!
Compiled by: Eli Ortega, Aaron Hernandez, Amanda Ritter, Natalia Iniguez, and Chris Carey.